February 14th, 2017 | Diet & Health
Fit Recipe: Strawberry Date Truffles
Truffles are a classic treat for Valentine's Day and beyond. If you're looking for a healthier alternative, here's a recipe made with 100% raw ingredients. Form the "chocolate" mold with dates, cacao powder and almonds. Then, top it with homemade strawberry cashew cream and a sprinkle of coconut flakes. Bon appétit, it's that easy.
Choco Truffle Shells
- 100g almonds
- 200g dates
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp vanilla powder
1. In a blender or food processor, purée your almonds until they’re a grainy powder.
2. Add the rest of your truffle shell ingredients. Blend until a sticky chocolate paste is formed.
2. Scrape the chocolate paste into a bowl. On a parchment paper, mold truffles with a nickel-sized hole in the center of each.
(You’ll be adding your strawberry filling into them later.)
3. Put your truffles shells in the freezer for half an hour.
Strawberry Cashew Cream
- 100g raw cashews (unsalted)
- ¾ water
- 3 tbsp honey
- 200 g strawberry
- ½ lemon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Coconut flakes
1. Soak the cashews in water overnight.
2. In a blender or food processor, purée the soaked cashews with the rest of your strawberry cream ingredients.
1. Spoon the strawberry cream into the truffle molds.
2. Garnish with coconut flakes.
3. Freeze your truffles for at least an hour.
Before serving, let them thaw at room temperature for 15 minutes. Enjoy with love.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Linda Cheng, Social Media and Content Manager
Linda graduated from the University of California, Irvine with three majors in Psychology, Urban Studies, and Social Ecology, as well as a minor in Global Sustainability. Her goal is to promote sustainable healthy living by providing the resources needed for success. Using smart data services and motivational psychology, she aims to move users towards long-term lifestyle changes for better health and fitness.