October 26th, 2016
Amazfit Announces Presale of Arc Heart Rate, Activity & Sleep Tracker
Amazfit’s High-End Heart Rate, Activity and Sleep Tracker Features 20-Day Battery Life for $49.99 in the U.S.
Mountain View, CA – October 27, 2016 – Amazfit, the second largest wearables manufacturer globally, today introduced Amazfit Arc, a heart rate, activity and sleep tracker featuring a scratch-resistant OLED touchscreen and a 20-day battery life for an introductory price of $49.99. The Amazfit Arc will debut today at Pepcom’s Holiday Spectacular! @ SF, held from 6:00 to 9:00pm at the Metreon CityView event space in downtown San Francisco.
Amazfit Arc is available today for presale with retail availability starting in November 2016. It joins the recently announced, ceramic-based Moonbeam and Equator wearables by Amazfit, which are the slimmest and most lightweight activity trackers on the market today. Together, the three Amazfit products make high-quality, stylish wearables more widely available due to their significantly lower price points compared to current market options.
“Wearable technology holds the promise of not only addressing a growing, global health epidemic in adults and children, but enhancing personal safety, streamlining mobile payments, and even improving corporate culture,” said Frederik Hermann, Head of U.S. Marketing and Sales for Amazfit. “But in order for wearable technology to become ubiquitous, we must consider the needs of a wide and diverse audience that includes enterprise corporations, insurance providers and wellness programs. The launch of Amazfit Arc addresses one of the major barriers to widespread adoption - price point - and represents an important shift that will make wearables more accessible to everyone.”
Amazfit Arc offers an advanced set of sensors, features and displays:
- Comprehensive Tracking Capabilities: With Arc, users can follow their progress in realtime, stay motivated and meet their health goals by tracking activity, distance traveled, calories burned, heart rate, and sleep quality.
- 20 Days of Battery Life on a Single Charge: Arc addresses one of the primary barriers of continued use with a power-efficient optical heart rate sensor (PPG) and accelerometer, and is optimized for maximum battery life of up to 20 days.
- Easy Access to Stats via Touch Screen Display: The 0.42 inch UV coated and scratch resistant OLED display allows for instant access to the time, step count, distance traveled, calories burned, heart rate and battery status, without the need for phone access.
- Durability: Because Arc is meant for everyday use, it boasts a water and dust resistance rating of IP67, meaning there is no need to take it off while you shower, wash the dishes, play with the kids in the dirt, or during other everyday activities.
- Comfortable and Lightweight: Arc weighs only 0.7 oz / 20 g, or the weight of eight pennies.
- Notifications: Users can stay connected by receiving phone call and message notifications via vibration alert.
- Simple Mobile App: The Arc companion app provides further insight into advanced sleep quality analysis, and also offers the ability to customize display settings.
Pricing & Availability
Amazfit Arc is available today for presale at the introductory price of $49.99 (regular MSRP $69.99) via www.amazfit.com. Arc will be available for sale through Amazfit’s website as well as Amazon towards the end of November.
Launched in 2016, Amazfit is a US-based wearable technology company with a mission to seamlessly connect people’s biomechanical signals and daily activities with smart data services to promote healthy living. Its line of fashionable activity trackers, including the Moonbeam, Equator and Arc, effortlessly track activity without sacrificing style. Amazfit is owned by Huami, and is the exclusive provider of wearable technology for Xiaomi. Since establishing its partnership with Xiaomi in 2014, the company has sold over 24 million Mi Bands making it the second largest wearables manufacturer globally. Huami has raised $35 million from Sequoia Capital, Shunwei Capital Partners, Banyan Capital, Morningside Ventures and Xiaomi. Huami is privately-held and headquartered in Beijing and Mountain View, CA.
For more information please visit http://www.amazfit.com