We’ve released a firmware update for the Amazfit GTS 2e and Amazfit GTR 2e that brings Amazon Alexa support to these smartwatches. See below for step-by-step instructions on how to update the firmware on your device and access Alexa.
How to Update the Firmware on your Amazfit Device
- Have the Zepp App downloaded on your phone, and double check that the app is updated to the most current version.
- Once in the Zepp App, tap the ‘Profile’ icon located at the bottom right.
- From the ‘My Devices’ list, select the device that you are looking to update.
- Scroll down to the ‘System Update’ section and tap it.
Once you have initiated the System Update, please keep the app open and wait until the process has finished. It should take a few minutes to complete.
How to Access Amazon Alexa
- Open the Zepp App and Click ‘Profile’
- Tap ‘Add Accounts’ and select ‘Amazon’
- Log into your Amazon account
- Click 'Authorization'
After successful authorization use the prompt “Alexa” to help set alarms and reminders, check the weather, and more. Additionally, you can access Alexa by setting it as the designated ‘Shortcut App’ when pressing and long holding the side button. This option can be found under system preferences.
For additional questions on the firmware update process, please reach out to our support team here.