As the end of summer approaches, kids are enjoying their last days of freedom before heading back to school. While your children have free time and the weather is nice, it’s a great time to encourage them to be active! National Exercise with Your Child Week is observed every year in August. When you practice a healthy lifestyle, your kids are likely to follow suit. Teaching them the importance of exercise from an early age is the key to developing healthy fitness habits. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends a 60-minute daily exercise routine for children and adolescents. Once a child establishes a routine of exercising regularly, they will perform better in their Physical Education classes, on their sports teams, and in their daily lives. A healthy body is a key to a healthy mind!
Here are some ways to be active with your kids at home:
- Make physical activity part of your daily routine. From household chores to an after-dinner walk, there are plenty of creative ways to keep your family moving every day.
- Allow time for free play. Playing hide and seek, tag, riding bikes, or skating around the neighborhood are fun and healthy activities.
- Keep a variety of games and sports equipment on hand, if you’re able. Have an assortment of balls and jump ropes, and your kids will be able to play for hours.
- Limit time spent doing sedentary activities, such as watching TV, browsing online, using electronic devices, and playing video games. If you run out of options at home, take advantage of local playgrounds and fields. Make family fitness outings part of your regular routine.
Every family member can track their steps with a fitness tracker or watch and try to add more distance each week. Turn it into a fun competition and use a family exercise log or colorful stickers to track your progress. Put your log or chart on the refrigerator as a reminder to keep up the good work together. One of the best fitness trackers to help you keep track of your steps and more is the Amazfit Band 7.
The Amazfit Band 7 fitness tracker has great features for the whole family, such as:
- 1.47” Large HD AMOLED Display
- 18-day Battery Life
- 120 Sports Modes and Recognition
- 5 ATM Water Resistance
- 24H Blood Oxygen Monitoring
The Amazfit Band 7 is a powerful lifestyle companion for the whole family, that will guide you as you prioritize fitness and make healthy choices together. Make the most of the last few weeks of summer by building a fun, healthy routine that your children can continue when school starts and beyond!